Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A dating story

So I had a bit of an ego boost on a date last night and I thought I would share...

As you should know (if not, you need to read further!) I am partaking in a dating service. I had a date last night and it was obvious within the first couple minutes that there was no romantic chemistry. But one thing that I have made a point to do is have fun at each date regardless of long term potential. So we just talked and laughed and said goodnight.

Well, at one point during the conversation we started talking about the actual service. Come to find out he has had a less than incredible experience with this company. So as we continue talking I learn that I am his 2nd date in 3 months (that's NOT a lot). I also learned that a couple weeks ago he talked to the manager of the company and basically told her to put her best people on this, and that he better get someone who would "knock his socks off," (his phrase, which he happened to use about 23 times in the conversation, not mine) or he would make his opinion of the service known to everyone he knows.

I told him I would do my best...

So what did I, the eternal optimist, glass half full girl take from this? My dating service thinks I'm the creme de la creme!! And I'm going to keep that oh so positive thought in my mind 'cause it makes me happy!

1 comment:

Kate said...

You ARE the best :) Don't forget it, and never settle :)