Sunday, June 28, 2009

two of three

ARGHHHH...I am so furious at my body's inability to step off of things. As you may or may not know, I have always struggled with ankle issues, and about 3 years ago I had reconstructive surgery to address that. Every time that I had ever hurt my ankle(s), it had been a result of being on my toes. Stepping off of a curb, stepping down a stair, back marching in marching band. Well, it happened again on Friday.

I was simply walking out of my home to go to brunch with a friend. I was fine, my foot made it's way out the door, ball of the foot on the ground, and next thing I know, all support was gone. I've turned my ankle on occasion since the surgery and it's been a matter of walking it off. NOT this time. I have now spent 3 days on crutches, taking advantage of my incredible friends, and planted on my couch with my foot alternating between an ice bath and a prop above my heart.

I did manage to get my hair done (it wasn't until after that that I realized how bad it really was), go to brunch, and get pushed around Kohl's in a wheel chair!

I am sure that it's just a sprain and everything will be fine, but I'm trying really hard to baby it. I really want to make sure that I do no damage to the work that the doctor did!

The REALLY frustrating part...for the last 6 weeks or so, I have finally gotten into a regular exercise routine. I've been running, walking, biking, dancing, wii fit(ting!)...all things I can't do with a bum ankle.

So...hopefully the future holds some brief recuperation followed by a quick jump back into the daily routine...including the exercise.

No comments: