Sunday, June 28, 2009

and last but certainly not least...three of three

I'M HOUSE SHOPPING!!!

I have officially begun the serious processes of purchasing a house. I've actually made an offer on a place, but it's a short sale.

Briefly, a short sale is the step before foreclosure. During a short sale, the seller has negotiating rights which they use to try to make a profit over what the bank is demanding. The process can be long and drawn out, not to mention the bank can pull any deal up to the very end.

Right now I'm a "back up" offer. Normally I would think that my chances were gone, but because of the short sale that may not be the case. I'm not used to hoping for others to not get what they want so that I can get what I want...but I have to admit that I really hope it doesn't work out for the first offer!

Of course, there are many more houses out there. In fact, there are currently over 6,500 houses for sale in the Albuquerque area. I'm sure that this is NOT the only one that I would be in love with. But I'm really in love with it! If you want to see it, click here (HOUSE) and it's under the "saved" tab. The address is 7515 Vancouver. Once you find it, click on "view details" and that's the best way to see all the info and pictures.

I continue to pray that God's will prevails, as I know it will. I'm also praying that I allow God's will to be my desire, and that's probably what I will struggle with the most. We shall see!!!

I know that I haven't been great at updating, but I can promise you that I will keep you all posted on the house situation!

1 comment:

The Branson Family said...

Kristin - the house is beautiful! Hope you get it. Keep me posted.