Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A bit of catching up to do...

Hello devoted blog readers! Just thought I would do a bit more catch up than last time, which was a bit of a cop out! So, being the overly organized (ok, anal retentive) woman that I am, I'll break it down by category!

School - I am currently taking my last two classes before I begin my studet teaching. I'm struggling through stats, which is odd because I've already aced a stats class. I'm certainly having a difficult time with the teaching style of my professor. Oh well, I'll make it through. The other class is supposed to be integrating technology in the classroom, but instead it has turned into a royal waste of time and money. Not the first time...so I'll get through that too!

Work - Here is the big update. I am applying for an Assistant Choir Director position with the Artesia School District. This is a huge opportunity, but there are some obstacles in the way. UNM doesn't want to allow me to complete my student teaching requirements in Artesia due to the distance from Albuquerque. It seems that I have the support of the Artesia schools, and if they choose to offer me the position I think they will help me appeal UNM's initial decision. I am submitting my application tomorrow or Thursday, so I should have a better idea of what to expect by the end of next week. I'll keep you updated!

Aside from that, I have been receiving some incredible kudos from my colleages in regards to the impact I have had over the past 5 years. Apparently, my attitude has made a very positive change over the last 6 months. I haven't noticed a difference, and I don't remember making any changes, but something's hitting the right note! I was recognized during the State Spirit Competition which was incredibly unexpected, and very touching.

Reunion - I am having a blast planning the reunion! I'm having some difficulty securing financial sponsorships from Los Alamos businesses. Thankfully I have some help "on the hill," and she is approaching businesses in person.

Life is good. I am healthy, happy, motivated, loved, blessed and looking forward to whatever changes may come. If I am not offered the Artesia position, I will remain in Albquerque for the next year and complete my student teaching. The NMAA has offered to extend my full time contract throughout the summer and then keep me on as a part time employee throughout the fall semester. They have also assured me that there will be no penalty for breaking this contract if I do end up taking a teaching position.

I think that's about it for now...I'm exhausted and it's time to get some sleep. Hope everything is going well, and I love you all!

No comments: