Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just kidding...vindication pending...

OK...as if this saga wasn't entertaining enough...

I can't really do anything but laugh at this, but here goes! I went to pick up the check at the AG's office and sure enough there it was. I was concerned it may be written wrong, or dated so long ago it couldn't be cashed. No visual problems!

When I was on the phone with the lady at the AG's office she said something that threw just a twinge of cautiousness my direction. I no longer had that feeling when I picked up the check. However, I thank it for what I did next. Rather than depositing the check, which is what I normally would have done, I decided to cash it at the counter. Something even made me ask if they could verify it was a good check...good thing!

I'm sure you guessed it by now...the account had insufficient funds to cover the check. Unbelievable...we're talking $150 here. Can you believe there are people still trying to collect refunds of thousands of dollars. Thank God I'm not one of them and that I'm not hurting for the small amount I am collecting.

So at this point, I'm going to contact the AG's office in the morning, and continue attempting to cash the check until I'm successful.

Also, a friend recommended that I inform the manufacturers of the chairs...which is brilliant! Thanks Kim! These chairs are from Ashley, who from what I can tell is their largest supplier by far. If I can convince Ashley to look into what kind of company they are allowing to sell their furniture, maybe their vendor contract would be in jeopardy. Seriously...don't get on my bad side people :-)

No comments: